International drive is one of the two most popular places to stay in Orlando. The other being Kissimee. It is just over 11 miles long and is situated just on the southern limits of Orlando.
Commonly called Idrive, international drive is the tourist hub of Orlando with attractions and hotels located along most of its length.
international drive map
The following map is a great international drive guide that features restaurants, attractions and vouchers. You can of course also get a street view from google maps, why not take a stroll:
If you want more maps and guides to i-drive :
best things to do on idrive
There is absolutely loads to do on international drive, there are lots of attractions and shops. But what are the best things to do?
- The orlando eye is a massive Ferris wheel. Its 400 feet tall and gives unprecedented views of this area… and the rest of Florida on a clear day. At prices from $20, its a reasonably cheap and relaxing way to spend a few hours. The eye is located at i-drive 360 and each gondola is fully air conditioned. You also get access to the 3d cinema as part of the ticket price.
- Wet n Wild is one of Orlando’s first attractions. Opening in 1977, wet n wild is a water park located at the center of international drive. Sadly it is due to close this year (2016).
- If you stroll along international drive, you can’t miss Ripleys believe it or not. Its in a building that looks like its sinking at one end. The building is loaded with odd things. Little oddities that you won’t see anywhere else.
- Pointe Orlando is a premiere shopping and entertainment complex. Located across from the orange county convention center, pointe Orlando has over 40 unique stores and restaurants as well as a theater and live music and entertainment.
- The pirates cove adventure golf is a great way to unwind and relax. This mini golf is set among waterfalls and rock faces. Its a stunning way to enjoy the Florida night air.
These are just five of the best things to do on idrive. For more click here.
international drive shopping
Shopping on international drive is a great experience. Everything from souvenirs to clothes to boutique shopping is available.
Pointe Orlando is probably the most recognizable place. It is an outdoor shopping mall with shops, cinema and bars. A lot of the shops are boutique but there are also a few name brand shops. Pointe orlando is located opposite the conference center and can be spotted with the upside down mansion located here.
International drive shopping can be whatever you want. Factory outlets are located in a few spots on international drive. There is an Adidas outlet, an o’neils shop and more than a few seven elevens.
international drive restaurants and eateries
As you would expect from a major tourist destination, there are lots of places to eat. There are lots of restaurants in international drive serving foods from every corner of the world. Which is the places to eat near international drive?
There are all the usual fast food outlets as well as something a little more special. You can spend whatever you like on food, there are mcdonalds, pizza huts and dunkin donuts as well as ponderosa, dennys and IHOP. But there are also lots of independent restaurants. Here is a list of the current international drive restaurants.
international drive hotels
The sheer number of hotels on international drive is staggering! They are everywhere you look. The range is great with a mixture of 5 star resorts and basic accommodation.
According to trip advisor, these are the top 5 international drive hotels:
Although it isnt mentioned above one of the most popular hotels on international drive is Rosen Inn. Its great value and usually has availability.
In our opinion if you arent staying within one of the park resorts then international drive is close enough to most of them to make it a great alternative.