Yes! We accept bylined how to, tips and travel articles and content for our website, Orlandosnaps.com.
1. Contribute bylined articles for orlandosnaps.com
Bylined articles of 800-1,000 words or so of body text, written in a conversational tone and conveying valuable, useful content (practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how) in a funny, approachable voice are more likely to meet our standards—and therefore more likely to be accepted for publication.
We will inform you if your article has been accepted for publication; expect to hear from us within a week or so of us having received your email. If we choose not to accept your article, you may or may not hear from us, depending on how busy we are.
Articles accepted for publication will be edited for clarity and brevity and to conform to our style. We will likely change your title, so you might want to suggest a few alternatives.
So, if you are interested in joining the hundreds of Orlandosnaps contributors of travel guides and tips on a one-time or a regular basis—here are some guidelines:
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Articles should offer readers advice, takeaways, and how-to tips about a specific Orlando, or Florida based topic or subject….Think Disney, Water parks, Restaurants, Hotels etc Top lists are welcome if they are unique and useful and/or funny. Keep in mind that 800-word minimum.
- Summarize its key takeaways at the beginning of the article—They will be published along with the article.
- Include a brief bio of 25 words, including Twitter and facebook page, if available.
- You can embed three links in your article but they have to be completely relevant and in the context of the article. We do check all external links and any articles with irrelevant, inappropriate or dodgy links will be rejected.
- Submit articles in Word format.
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to the audience.
- The author retains copyright and we will not republish your article without your consent. A summary or your article will however appear on our social media outlets with a link to the original article.
- All articles must contain at least 3 images relevant to the article. Any images need to be copyright free or have the required attribution….Images must be legally usable.
If you are still interested, lets have a chat, use the form below to start the ball rolling :
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’orlandosnaps writer’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Note that our article queue is always long so please be patient.